Description of MITCalc - Tension Springs program from developer(s):
The calculation is intended for the purposes of geometric and strength designs of helical tension cylindrical springs
made of wires and rods of circular sections, loaded with static loading. . Application is developed in MS
Excel, is multi-language, supports Imperial and Metric units and solves the following main tasks:
- Automatic design of the spring.
- Selection of an optimal alternative of the spring design in view of strength, geometry and weight.
- Strength check of the spring.
- Support for Cold formed springs and Hot formed springs
- Calculation of working forces of a spring of known production and mounting dimensions.
- Calculation of mounting dimensions for a known loading and production parameters of the spring.
- The application includes a table of commonly used spring materials according to ISO, ASTM/SAE, DIN, BS, JIS
- Support of 2D CAD (AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, IntelliCAD, Ashlar Graphite, TurboCAD) and 3D CAD in full
calculation package (Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, Pro/E).
The calculation is based on data, procedures and algorithms from specialized literature and standards EN 13906-2,
DIN 2089-2, DIN 2097.This module is a part of MITCalc - Mechanical and Technical Calculation Package for gear,
belt and chain drives, springs, beam, shaft, bolt connection, shaft connection, tolerances and many others.
MITCalc - Tension Springs is a Shareware program.
You can download and
try it for an evaluation period.
Platform: Win95,Win98,WinME,WinNT 3.x,WinNT 4.x,Windows2000,WinXP,Windows2003,WinME,Windows Vista Starter,Windows Vista Home Basic,Windows Vista Home Premium,Wi
Microsoft Excel (2000, XP,2007, 2010, 2013...)